Sadly, the Old Bar Beach Festival isn’t going ahead this year due to the current health crisis. But that doesn’t mean we can’t still celebrate our beloved Kombis!
This October Long Weekend, we’re taking the celebrations online with a virtual parade spanning Australia (or the globe – international kombi lovers we’re looking at you!).
Want to participate in our first ever Virtual Kombi Parade? Here’s how…
1. Film the following footage from your Kombi’s home:
- 10-second clip from inside your Kombi (by the passenger please!) while in motion
- 10-second clip of your Kombi driving by
- 10-second clip of your Kombi’s beautiful people, interior or camp.
If your Kombi is still a project or you are in lock down, that’s OK! Your Kombi’s garage is its home for now, so film what you can there.
At Old Bar Beach Festival, when we say “Kombi,” we mean anything from a “split screen” T1 to a T6.
2. Send us your footage…
before 5pm on Saturday 3rd October 2020 AEST (UTC+10).
- We need a release form to be able include your footage!
- Please include your name, a phone contact, email address & footage location on the release form.
- Your name and contact details will be kept confidential, and will only be used if we need to contact you.
- The location of your footage will be captioned in the virtual parade. (If you’d prefer your location to be kept confidential as well, just let us know).
3. Tune into our Live Stream!
Hosted by local legend Andy Saunders, our Virtual Kombi Parade will be live streamed on Sunday 4 October 2020 at 7:30pm (AEDT UTC+11)
- We will edit your clips and collate them into a virtual parade for our livestream event and future showings.
- We may add visual effects – how fun!
- We most likely won’t use the sound recorded with your clips – so don’t worry too much about this.
Some important things to remember:
Be careful with drone footage. If it doesn’t comply with laws and regulations, we can’t use it. Please include some detail on how your drone footage complies if you would like us to include it.
Don’t film & drive at the same time. Again, this doesn’t comply with laws and regulations, so we won’t be able to use it.